Social engineering has proved to be one of the most prolific & effective means of attacking organisations of all sizes. It is an attack vector that is growing rapidly. Your staff need to be able to identify & defend against attempted attacks. Your I.T team should focus on the more technical elements of security & the rest of your staff should focus on social engineering threats.
"Social Engineering: Manipulating people into carrying out specific actions or divulging information that is of use to an attacker"- NCSC
This face-to-face GCHQ certified course equips your staff with the skills to identify & combat social engineering attacks such as not clicking malicious links or opening phishing emails. We follow nationally set standards and best practice to ensure you get the best awareness training possible for your staff.
- List the different types of social engineering attack, how to identify them & list appropriate countermeasures;
- Identify assets within the organisation that require protection;
- Identify relevant threats to assets and exploitable vulnerabilities;
- Describe the business impact of a risk being realised;
- Develop information risk management strategies to reduce the risk & explain the importance of security policies and auditing;
- Explain the importance of auditing the information you put online;
- Describe the threat landscape and adversarial thinking ; and
- Explain the importance of encouraging a security culture within an organisation including awareness raising methods.
Benefits of GCHQ certified training
SOCIAL ENGINEERING AWARENESS COURSE FAQ
They get a certificate of completion of a GCHQ accredited course to evidence their training. This can be used to demonstrate your commitment to cyber security both to your clients & the ICO under the GDPR.
The course lasts for 4 hours Including the exam. This means your staff don’t miss an entire day off work so the course causes minimal operational disruption.
Alternatively there is a 2 hour, non-GCHQ certified course which has the core elements of the 4 hour course but is not certified by GCHQ. Contact us for more information.
This awareness level course is for all company staff and has been designed to be practical and easily understood by anyone.
GCHQ is one of the three UK intelligence agencies, along with MI5 and the Secret Intelligence Service (MI6). With the abundance of cyber security training courses on offer it can be difficult for customers to identify highly competent trainers and good quality courses. GCHQ Certified Training (GCT) addresses this issue- providing customers with a choice of rigorously assessed training providers, thus they can feel confident they’ll receive training that is consistent with industry best practice.