Updated Insider Threat Training
High impact, interactive training to raise awareness of insider threat risks to your organisation.
Employees are often cited as being the biggest security weakness in your organisation, we help you turn them into your greatest defence.
Our insider threat training program has been developed from ground-breaking research into the psychology and motivations of insiders. We use real cases to illustrate the key principles.
“Insider threat programs are built to defend against Manning and Snowden, but we need to protect against the next threat, the one that hasn’t happened yet..” – USA DoD
The insider threat is a widespread and rapidly growing issue. Studies have shown that shareholders and the public attribute more blame on the organisation when a breach is caused by an insider as opposed to an “outsider”. This training program furnishes your staff with the confidence to challenge and stop insider threats within your organisation before it gets to the breach stage.
- List the different types of insider threat and their motivations;
- Explain the connection between certain behaviours and security;
- Explain the model of intervention and how you can ensure people report suspicious activity;
- List the technological, social and economic trends that lead to an increase in insider threats;
- Explain the importance of reporting and what should be included in a report;
- Identify the “high risk” roles within a company and the risks posed by contractors, partners and suppliers; and
- Explain key defensive measures to implement as part of an insider threat program.
- Types of insider threats
- Identifying concerning behaviours and what they could mean
- Threats from contractors and suppliers
- Factors that increase the risk of insiders
- Policies and the individual responsibility to report
- How to report and what information to include
- The benefits of reporting
- Why certain job roles make you a target
TOP LEVEL TRAINERS
FUN AND INTERACTIVE
Take control of your cyber security and contact us now...
What happened? An engineer who worked for Coca Cola and other manufacturers is alleged to have stolen valuable trade secrets in order to set up her own company in China using the stolen technology. Xiarong You has been accused of insider theft and economic espionage...
Tesla Insider Threat Case Study According to the official Filing, Tesla is suing a former employee and software engineer named Alex Khatilov alleging trade secret theft and breach of contract. What actually happened? Khatilov was hired by Tesla in to work on...
What happened? Disgruntled former IT admin Charles E. Taylor quit his job at an unnamed Atlanta based distribution company before going on a sabotage spree costing the company $800,000 USD to redress. Taylors "multi-stage sabotage campaign" involved logging in and...