Insider Threat Training
High impact, interactive face to face training to raise awareness of insider threat risks to your organisation.
High impact, interactive face to face training to raise awareness of insider threat risks to your organisation. Employees are often cited as being the biggest security weakness in your organisation, we help you turn them into your greatest defence. Our insider threat training program has been developed from ground-breaking research into the psychology and motivations of insiders. We use real cases to illustrate the key principles. “Insider threat programs are built to defend against Manning and Snowden, but we need to protect against the next threat, the one that hasn’t happened yet..” – USA DoD The insider threat is a widespread and rapidly growing issue. Studies have shown that shareholders and the public attribute more blame on the organisation when a breach is caused by an insider as opposed to an “outsider”. This training program furnishes your staff with the confidence to challenge and stop insider threats within your organisation before it gets to the breach stage.
- List the different types of insider threat and their motivations;
- Explain the connection between certain behaviours and security;
- Explain the model of intervention and how you can ensure people report suspicious activity;
- List the technological, social and economic trends that lead to an increase in insider threats;
- Explain the importance of reporting and what should be included in a report;
- Identify the “high risk” roles within a company and the risks posed by contractors, partners and suppliers; and
- Explain key defensive measures to implement as part of an insider threat program.
- Types of insider threats
- Identifying concerning behaviours and what they could mean
- Threats from contractors and suppliers
- Factors that increase the risk of insiders
- Policies and the individual responsibility to report
- How to report and what information to include
- The benefits of reporting
- Why certain job roles make you a target
TOP LEVEL TRAINERS
FUN AND INTERACTIVE
Take control of your cyber security and contact us now...
TV Licence Phishing Emails In the UK a licence is required to watch live TV in the home. With lockdown continuing and people’s reliance on entertainment increasing, It is unsurprising that in the UK, criminals have increased the amount of tv licence phishing emails...
Vishing (voice phishing) is a type of phone fraud which use social engineering to extract information or credentials from a victim. Attackers often use a pretext to misrepresent their authority or position in order to trick the victim into compliance. Attackers...
Getting your staff to change their security behaviour It is often submitted that fear is bad. Actually, from a behavioural science perspective we know fear is the most effective tool for stimulating behavioural change. Fear of crime is necessary but not sufficient to...